Issued : 19th December 2011
The Environmental Policy of Cory Brothers Shipping Agency Ltd (“the Company”) is to ensure so far as it is reasonably practicable that its operations will be carried out with a commitment to protecting and enhancing the environment as is appropriate to our business.
The Management of the Company recognizes that our activities have an environmental impact and in developing this policy we seek to confirm our commitment to the management of environmental issues.
The Policy has the full support of the Directors of the company and in implementing this commitment to manage our environmental impact we will.
· Fully comply with environmental regulations and appropriate legislation.
· Ensure that we manage our business in such a way as to prevent pollution
· Monitor, Audit and Review our policy and activities in order to realize continuous improvement of our environmental systems.
· Actively pursue opportunities to minimize the environmental impact of our operations, concentrating particularly on the use of energy and waste disposal.
· Attempt to develop a wider understanding environmental issues among our suppliers and employees.
· Regularly review our policies to ensure that they remain properly aligned to the needs of our business and to reduce waste and encourage the most effective utilization of scarce resources.
The responsibilities for implementing this Environmental Policy Statement rests with the directors of the company, however to facilitate implementation, management of the policy will be placed in the hands of the HSEQ Manager and the HSEQ Committee who will oversea the implementation of the Environmental Management System and comply with the requirements of the ISO 14001:2004 standard to which we are committed to uphold.
This Environmental Policy Statement as been approved and authorized by:-
Mr John van Bergen (Liner & Logistics)
Mr Kevin Gorman (Agency)
Joint Managing Directors.
19th December 2011